School & Parent Communication
Frequent and clear communication between our school administration and teachers and our parents is the key to building and sustaining a strong school community. Here's what you can expect as an StMS parent:
1. Friday Principal's Letter: Mrs. Navarro sends out a letter each Friday afternoon which includes her reflection, important information about upcoming events, a look at the highlights of the past week, and a quick-to-read calendar of next week's important dates.
2. Administration Open Door Policy: Mrs. Navarro and Mr. McLaughlin are both very willing to schedule time before, during, or after the school day to meet with parents. Meetings are scheduled through the school office.
3. Social media: Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram! You'll see real-time photos of activities in our classrooms, playground, and athletic fields. You'll be reminded about Spirit Days, Book Fair, the St. Nick Shop, and all other activities. You'll also have a chance to watch live broadcasts of our concerts and plays on Facebook. Don't miss out on our social media coverage.
4. FACTS Family Portal: St. Michael School uses the FACTS RenWeb system to record test scores, grades, and homework assignments, as well as to send teacher to parent communications. All parents have the free RenWeb Family Portal mobile app and are able to check on their child's progress at any time, and view other school communications. Our teachers use their Family Portal class pages to display photos and provide insight into classroom activities.
5. Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences: Teachers are always available to email or speak to a parent before or after the school day. However, at the conclusion of each semester, formal conferences may be scheduled. The teacher, or the team of teachers in the Middle School, meets with the student and parents.
6. Coronavirus Updates Dedicated Webpage - For the latest information about the StMS response to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit the Coronavirus Updates webpage. The page contains up-to-date letters from Mrs. Navarro, StMS Principal, Distance Learning information, and quick resource links to our Parish website and federal, state and local public health websites.